H.E.L.P. Apheresis - How does it work? A simplified (non-medical) explanation.
Our patient Jeremy allowed us to film his Help Apheresis treatment Nr.8, so that people can have a detailed look before undergoing the treatment themselves. We tried to explain things very simplified and in an easy to understand form and in return sacrificed a bit of the medical and scientific precision for it to be easier to watch.
You find Jeremy's interview about his treatment experience here
H.E.L.P. Apheresis with leg catheter access
Our patient Stephen allowed us to film his Help Apheresis treatment Nr.4, so that people can get an insight on how the treatment works with the use of a catheter (a special apheresis catheter is used if you have very small veins, bad/affected veins that make them inaccessible with apheresis needles, or in some cases if your apheresis needles keep getting blocked). You can find more information on catheters at the bottom of the in the FAQ section here
Topics that have not been covered/explained in the videos:
- Disinfection prior to the treatment / use of liquid gloves
- Covid rapid tests and unmasking
- Blood panel/test prior to treatment
- Doctor's assessment and interview prior to treatment
- Preparation and test of the machine/safety precautions
- Preparation of the catheter (flushing with aspirator) which will cause the sterile protection sheet to be slightly stained
- Other medical/safety factors before/during/after the treatment
- Instructions of the patient how to take care of the needle stitches/catheter and optimal hydration/nutrition/rest after the treatment
Caution: We do not use precise language/descriptions in this videos, it is for demonstration purposes only. Jeremy and Stephen are no longer light-/sound-/movement sensitive, so we did not have to take special precautions.
Our diagnostic screening questionnaire is used by patients and clinicians all over the world. It gives you an indication on how severely you are affected by microclots, microcirculation and blood flow issues!